Mimosa Gigabit Network Interface Device
Since Mimosa radios already have GDTs (Gas Discharge Tubes) for suppressing ESD, the Mimosa NID adds additional protection for electrical systems. This means higher reliability for WISP operators, and fewer service calls. It’s also an ideal solution for areas that require installations to meet certain, local code requirements.
In just a few minutes, a NID can be mounted, installed and connected. A shielded CAT 6 or 6A Ethernet cable goes into the NID, and then another CAT 6 or 6A Ethernet cable goes inside the house, or to the bottom of a tower, into a PoE injector. A 14 AWG or larger wire goes from the NID and connects to a ground rod.
- ESD protection between subscriber premise entry and the home
- ESD protection between radios and the power source
- Protects the power source and electrical equipment
- Service interface for easily accessible troubleshooting
- Cost-effective solution for every deployment
Get in Touch
Got Any More Questions
Monday to Friday | 09:00-18:30
Saturday and Sunday | 09:00-17:30
Quantum Communications Ltd
HQ Building, Brookenby Park
Brookenby, Market Rasen